Denis Leclerc is a versatile artist born in 1955 in Canada’s Ottawa region. He began his career studying visual arts at the University of Ottawa, then moved to Montreal to train in graphic design. In the late ‘70s, Leclerc worked in the Montreal design community before moving to Toronto in the early ‘80s in search of new horizons.
In Toronto, he founded his own graphic communications company in the late 90s, while pursuing his passion for art. Over the years, he has showcased some thirty solo exhibitions and participated in the Padejo collective, creating site-specific installations in Sudbury, Montreal and Toronto.
Today, Leclerc divides his time between his activities as a graphic designer and independent visual artist. For over a year now, he has been posting a daily digital composition on Instagram, a testament to his boundless creativity. A fervent admirer of contemporary art, he regularly attends in international contemporary art fairs, where he draws inspiration and energy to fuel his artistic work.
With a rich and diversified career, Leclerc embodies the creative spirit and unwavering commitment to art and design that characterize his approach. His career is a testament to his ability to adapt and evolve with trends and technologies, while remaining true to his passion for art and beauty. Thanks to his talent and determination, Leclerc continues to forge a place for himself in the world of contemporary art and graphic design, inspiring artist for current and future generations.
Leclerc is a visual artist who uses abstract expression to create a stunning body of works. He believes that abstract art is a discovery of something outside of the physical world, allowing him to explore the unseen.
- AGO, Continuing Education, 3D Rhino, Toronto
- Ryerson University, Computer study, Toronto
- Université de Montréal, Marketing, Montréal
- CEGEP du Vieux–Montréal, Graphic design, Montréal
- University of Ottawa, Visual Art, Ottawa
- BRAVO — Bureau des regroupements des artistes visuels de l’Ontario
- Le Centre d’artistes Voix visuelle
- RGD — The Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario
- Le Labo d’art — Media and Integrated Arts Lab
- Galerie du Nouvel-Ontario
- Carfac — Canadian Artists’ Representation/Le Front des artistes canadiens
- Acfas — Association canadienne-française pour l’avancement des sciences
- IAVA — International Association of Visual Artists